Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Election Fears

I wonder sometime why it is that as we get older we seem to worry more about the future, of which we have little, while when we are young with our whole life ahead of us we worry almost none.

I look at the forthcoming election with great trepidation. Too tell you the truth I don’t hold up much hope or enthusiasm for either of the candidates that we are going to be offered.

On one side we have a man who seems to be trying to right wrongs that he sees in his past. He doesn’t seem to have much concern for the young men and women that are going to die so that he can feel better about what happened in Vietnam and fails to see that he is simply walking down the same path that the leaders that failed him walked. If you aren’t going to fight a war and win…get the hell out!!

In a war you kill or imprison all that oppose you and any that offer them aid or a place to hide. You accept that there will be civilian casualties and get it over as quick as possible. We won WW2 because we did this. We bombed the German and Japanese cities into rubble. We destroyed our enemy’s ability to resist and the war ended.

In Vietnam we never bombed Hanoi and never really tried to win. Our Government just had a big time posturing while 50,000 young men died and unnumbered hundreds of thousands came home only partially. They left parts of their bodies and souls there and never were the same.

In Iraq, all an insurgent has to do is shoot an American, run around the corner, throw down his weapon and blend into the crowd and he is safe. If a soldier drags him out and kills him it is murder. We can NOT win a war that we won’t fight.

On the other hand we have a charismatic young man who looks good and talks great things. I admit that I was also somewhat enamored with him at first. Unfortunately for my peace of mind, I researched him and his past. Sadly if you judge him by his own words and the company that he keeps, he is a bigot. I wouldn’t expect a Black person to vote for someone that attended Klan meetings and whose admitted moral advisers and role models were Klansmen. I might even wonder about their sanity if they did vote for a man like that!! In the case of Barack Hussein Obama if you read his books and check out the Reverend Williams (His MENTOR and moral advisor) and other of Obama’s friends and role models, if you are not Black, you should get extremely nervous.

I offer a few quotes from his book Dreams of My Father…

I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.”

“I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.”

“There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

“It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

“I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

”I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Not only a Black racist but a Black Muslim racist!!!

I know that all people have things in their past that they are not proud of. When you put it in a book and publish it though it must mean something special to you.

I am an old Hippie, I liked the Reverend King's thoughts and can’t see why we can’t just all lay this sort of crap aside and understand that we are all brothers and sisters. I detest this sort of bigotry and find it disgusting whether it comes from the White supremacists or the Black. I will never vote for a Klansman and I won’t vote for a Black Muslim Racist.

I’m thinking about voting for Pat Paulson…I know that he is dead but he was a wonderful comedian. Maybe he can get George Carlin to be his running mate now!

DanL


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paulson and Carlin - I second the nomination...